NEW COURSE JUST FOR 2020
During the pandemic we have been forced to alter the course to an out and back looped course. Although it is not our first choice, we want to make sure we are able to host the event. Here is the course turn by turn directions for this year.
Start Line: Directly behind the Las Olas Oceanside Park Amphitheater.
Runners start and turn South onto A1A
Runners head South to the 1st turn around at Bokampers grill.
Run north in the beachside lane all the way to NE 27TH ST.
Runners will turn around at NE 27TH ST and then head South
Runners stay in the median lane of North bound traffic and head South back to the South turn around.
Runners will then turn around again at Bokampers grill and head back north to NE 27TH ST.
Runners will turn around again at NE 27TH ST and head back south to the finish line.
Turn by Turn Course Description (2019 COURSE )
The following outlines the Turn-by-Turn course description of the 13.1 Fort Lauderdale course
- Start Line: Las Olas & State Road A1A
- Start Time: 6:15am
Runners Start on Las Olas, just west of A1A, and begin by running west towards downtown Fort Lauderdale.
- At SE 16th Ave, runners will turn right and head north on SE 16th Ave to Broward Blvd.
- At Broward Blvd, runners will make a right and head east on Broward Blvd to N. Victoria Park Road
- At N. Victoria Park Road, runners will make a left and head north on N. Victoria Park Road to NE 6th Court, where they will make a right and run to NE 19th Ave.
- At NE 19th Avenue, runners will make a left and head north on NE 19th Avenue to NE 8th Street
- At NE 8th Street, runners will make a left and head west on NE 8th Street to NE 14th Ave.
- At NE 14th Ave., runners will turn left and head south on NE 14th Ave towards Broward Blvd.
- At Broward Blvd, runner will make a left and head one block east to SE 15th Avenue, where they make a right and head south on SE 15th Ave to Las Olas.
- At Las Olas, the runners will turn left and head east to Las Olas towards Seabreeze Blvd.
- At A1A, runners will turn right and head south to the U-turn by the former Oasis Café. There the runners will turn-around and run North along the Oceanside lane of A1A
- Once on northbound Seabreeze/A1A, the runners will stay to the right of cones and head north all the way up to Oakland Park Blvd.
- At Oakland Park Blvd, the runners will stay south of the intersection of Oakland Park & A1A, and make a U-turn and head South in the median lane.
- Once on the median lane of A1A, the runners will continue south all the way to Las Olas.
- At Las Olas, runners will turn right and head to the Finish Line on Las Olas.